Cornerstone Unveils New Products That Bring Learning to Employees Where and How They Work
New products enable continuous learning and development by seamlessly integrating training into the flow of work
SANTA MONICA, Calif. – June 4, 2019 – Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD), a global leader in cloud-based learning, talent management and talent experience software, today announced several new products to help organizations more effectively train and develop their teams by integrating learning directly into employees’ flow of work. These new products include:
- A Cornerstone for Salesforce learning integration, that enables Salesforce users to access Cornerstone’s best-in-class learning software and modern training content without leaving Force.com
- Cornerstone Create, a product that helps organizations quickly develop, publish and manage their own mobile-friendly Microlearning® content
- Express Class, a tool that allows managers to quickly create and administer informal, impromptu trainings within the Cornerstone Learning Management System (LMS)
Today’s workforce is facing a unique paradigm. Major advancements in technology and automation are changing the way people work, rapidly requiring employees to develop new skills. According to a recent report from the Society of Human Resource Management, 83 percent of organizations had trouble recruiting suitable candidates in the past year and 75 percent believe they are experiencing difficulty because there is a shortage of candidate skills available.1
While this pressure to develop new skills is mounting, today’s employees are often working more than 40 hours a week and are continually bombarded with tangential emails and last-minute requests. A recent survey from LinkedIn found that today’s employees spend one third of their day on emails that have little or nothing to do with their jobs.2 As a result, they are left with minimal time to broaden their skill set.
“Giving your employees the opportunity to upskill is a must for every organization in the world – no matter the industry or size,” said Adam Miller, founder and CEO, Cornerstone. “Business leaders should be looking for ways to create cultures of learning, where learning is more accessible within employees’ everyday jobs. One of the most effective ways to learn is when training is integrated into daily workflow so that the right skills are developed at the right time and in the right way to ensure those new skills stick.”
As the global leader in cloud-based learning, Cornerstone is launching several new products and enhancements within the Cornerstone Learning suite and its subscription-based content offering, Content Anytime, to help employees learn where and how they already work.
Integrated Learning within Salesforce
Many of the world’s leading companies use Salesforce software to operate their sales, services and partner teams every single day. Enabling these employees with learning opportunities where they already spend most of their time is one of the most effective ways to increase the adoption and immediate application of learning content.
With the new Cornerstone for Salesforce learning integration, Salesforce users can now access best-in-class learning software and modern training content without leaving their system of productivity. Whether organizations use learning content from other systems, or pre-curated content subscriptions from Content Anytime, courses can be surfaced, taken and completed within the Force.com application. This enables employees with access to the learning they need at the moment they need it, and immediately take action on what they’ve learned. Specific learning functionality within the integration includes:
- Single Sign-on Access: Organizations can reduce the need for multiple applications and increase the likelihood of learning content adoption by allowing their employees to access Cornerstone Learning directly through Force.com.
- Customized Learning Design: Organizations can drive higher adoption of learning content by surfacing learning modules on any Force.com page.
- Existing Content Access: Organizations can surface any content from Cornerstone’s best-in-class Learning Management System directly within Salesforce to ensure compliance, skills, product or other training is more likely to be adopted.
- Modern Content Subscriptions: Organizations can reduce the amount of time creating, searching for and managing content from distributed vendors. Now, they can access Content Anytime directly within Force.com to upskill their teams with intelligently curated content subscriptions and playlists that feature modern content focused on industry topics, specific skills and business needs.
Create Microlearning Content At Scale
Microlearning® content is proving to be an effective way to bring short, focused learning to employees in the flow of work at the moment of need. Research shows that 8 out of 10 learning and development professionals favor Microlearning® because it is proven to create higher levels of engagement.3
As more organizations start offering their employees Microlearning® content, they also see the value in creating their own short-form trainings, particularly when they need to share unique, tailored content with their employees. With Cornerstone Create (formerly Grovo Create) organizations can quickly develop, publish and manage mobile-friendly Microlearning® content that is directly integrated into Cornerstone’s content catalog, as well as customize all Grovo content exclusively purchased through Cornerstone. Leveraging an easy-to-use authoring template, Cornerstone Create removes the barriers associated with content creation, simplifying the development and delivery of flow-of-work Microlearning®.
Quickly Capture Impromptu Training
For many organizations, informal training is the most common type of training that occurs in the flow of work. However, given the impromptu nature of informal training, it can be difficult to record and track. To ensure this type of training is captured, Cornerstone has released Express Class, a tool that allows managers to quickly create and administer impromptu training within the Cornerstone LMS.
With Express Class, managers can input a new training at any time, add training attendees individually or in bulk, administer training on-the-spot and capture training credits – all from any device. Express Class reduces the amount of time and effort needed to capture the type of training that naturally occurs in the workplace.
- To learn how Cornerstone is helping organizations around the world train their employees and close skills gaps, visit https://www.cornerstoneondemand.com/learning.
- To learn how organizations can prepare their workforces for the future by dedicating just 5 percent of employee worktime to learning, please visit the 5 for 20 Challenge website at https://hr.cornerstoneondemand.com/5for20.
A propos de Cornerstone OnDemand
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ : CSOD) est l’un des leaders des logiciels cloud de gestion de la formation et du capital humain. Recrutement, intégration, formation, gestion de la performance et de la rémunération, plans de succession, gestion des données RH, gestion des effectifs et analytique RH : la plateforme est pensée pour développer pleinement le potentiel des organisations et des personnes.
Plus de 3 250 clients et plus de 36 millions d’utilisateurs utilisent aujourd’hui le logiciel de Cornerstone OnDemand, dans 192 pays et en 43 langues.