Making Headcount Count in Public Sector
With most public sector organisations facing major budget cuts, this year is shaping up to be one of the most difficult budget years on record. With reports indicating that the UK still needs to cut £16bn before 2016, the worst may yet be to come.
In addition to having to do more with less, public-sector employers must deal with an aging workforce, competition with the private sector for top performers and filling leadership and talent gaps.
But today's spending and staffing cuts shouldn't occur at the expense of tomorrow's people management needs. If public sector organisations trim staff muscle rather than fat, they can seriously hamper their performance in both the short- and long-term. Making every person count means taking a strategic approach to talent management throughout the employee lifecycle, from selection to succession
Benefits of using Cornerstone for federal government include:
- Alignment of employee training with goals
- Complete transparency around all processes, learning activities, readiness gaps, performance goal management, succession planning, etc.
- Solid recruitment: Cornerstone software ensures that younger employees are engaged in their work, mapping out potential career paths and have regular performance feedback
- Access to government-specific online courses, including sexual harassment, IT security, ethics and more
- As a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution, Cornerstone's product is implemented more quickly and cost-effectively than an on-premise solution. Organisations will always be on the most current version of the software, with four updates released a year
- Delivery of organisation-wide training initiatives on demand and with measurable results
- Effective succession planning and career management capabilities ensure that your organisation has the right people in place to deliver programs and meet goals into the future